If you need Absorbent Products, then ENVIRO-BONDTM has the Bilge Sock, Booms, Pillow and Spill Response Kits for you.
TMP Marine Products is the manufacturer’s representative for ENVIRO-BONDTM Bilge Sock, Booms, Pillows, Particulate and Spill Kits. The ENVIRO-BONDTM products are NEW to the market, but they are widely accepted and are being used as part of the “CLEAN MARINA” and “CLEAN BOATER” programs in many states.
Enviro-BondTM Bilge Socks, Booms, Pillows, loose Particulate and Spill Kits for oil, gasoline and diesel, are used to reduce environmental pollution. The Enviro-Bond is a quality product designed to absorb spilled or leaked liquid hydrocarbons, that accumulate in the bilge of a boat. Once the hydrocarbon comes in contact with the polymer inside the boom, it will be converted from liquid to a solid. The hydrocarbons will not drip from the bonding polymer, and therefore they can be discarded in the trash can and are safe for landfills. The Enviro-Bond polymers will commence bonding immediately and reduces the off gases by 80% in 5 minutes, effectively reducing the fumes in the bilge compartment. The 3" x 20" Bilge Sock will absorb and bond 2.5 quarts of oil, gasoline, and diesel.
We know, based on multiple independent studies, that ENVIRO-BOND™ polymers are the highest quality products of their kind available in the world today. We strictly adhere to the principle that quality is never an accident. ENVIRO-BOND™ products reflect years of research and skillful development designed to exceed present day standards. Other spill products do not possess the innovative technology of ENVIRO-BOND™ and are truly not well designed, developed or researched, simply well marketed.
When evaluating ENVIRO-BOND™ on a price basis, it is important to remember that any other product on the market that even comes close to offering the overall benefits and effectiveness of ENVIRO-BOND™ will require at least four (4) or more times the amount of material to effectively encapsulate and solidify the same quantity of spilled hydrocarbon. Since you will need to use much less ENVIRO-BOND™, you will need to buy, handle and store much less sorbent product than with other products. As the amount of waste generated is significantly reduced, you will also haul, handle and dispose of much less waste mass than before. These factors combined with quick, effective and complete spill control/cleanup and tremendous labor reductions make ENVIRO-BOND™ an extremely cost effective cleanup product.
In addition to those benefits already discussed, ENVIRO-BOND™ polymers possess the unique ability to suppress the vapors of the encapsulated hydrocarbons. Furthermore, most products on the market will leach the product that they have absorbed back into the earth, ENVIRO-BOND™ will never release the encapsulated hydrocarbons.
It is also important to emphasize that ENVIRO-BOND™ 403 is hydrocarbon specific, i.e. it will only absorb and molecularly bond with the spilled hydrocarbon while repelling any water. Any uncontaminated polymer can be recaptured and reused, adding further to the cost benefits of the product.
We hope you will consider ENVIRO-BOND™ polymers for your remediation needs.
|Tab 1 Label||What Is A Polymer|
|Tab 1 Content||
1. From the Greek – POLY means "Many"
MER means "Parts"
2. A compound of high molecular weight derived either by the addition of many smaller molecules, as polyethylene, or by the combination of many smaller molecules with the elimination of water, alcohol, or the like, as nylon.
3. A compound formed from two or more polymeric compounds.
Polymers are substances that may consist of large macromolecules, are made up of repeating units. The molecular sub-units that are used to synthesize polymers are called monomers, and reactions by which monomers are joined together are called polymerization.
A polymer is the bonding together of molecular structures of various molecular weights, or substances having the same molecular weight, to achieve the molecular weight and structure for a useful function and purpose. The society that we know today would not exist without polymers. Products such as Saran Wrap TM, Tupperware TM, and plastics used on telephones, computers, etc. are polymers.
The ENVIRO-BONDTM polymer structures formulated and tested are of the highest quality. Extensive testing was done on the formulation under E.P.A. guideline 40 CFR 300, subpart J of the national spill contingency plan, identified as 400 series.
|Tab 2 Label||Features & Benefits|
|Tab 2 Content||ENVIRO-BONDTM 403
CLEAN, NO-TOXIC, NON-CORROSIVE:
REDUCES 80% FLAMMABILITY:
HIGHER ABSORBENCY (BONDING):
ENCAPSULATES AND SOLIDIFIES:
|Tab 3 Label||Products|
|Tab 3 Content||
|Tab 4 Label||FAQ's|
|Tab 4 Content||
Q. WHAT IS 80% REDUCTION IN FLAMMABILITY?
A. Flammability is directly related to off-gassing. The off-gassing is reduced while a fraction of the fuel is being trapped within the polymer structure. The flash point remains the same with a much slower burn rate, because the aromatic fraction is released.
Q. WHAT IS THE FLASHPOINT OF 403 AFTER ENCAPSULATION?
A. That is totally dependent on what it has stabilized. The flashpoint is not changed. It will remain the same as the fuel source.
Q. WHAT IS THE RATE OF BURN OF RAW 403?
A. This has not been determined. However, it is difficult to ignite. It will burn. Refer to M.S.D.S for fumes emissions.
Q. WHAT IS THE BTU VALUE OF 403?
A. The BTU value is 18,602.
Q. WHAT IS THE ASH CONTENT OF 403?
A. Laboratory test show No Ash.
Q. WHAT LIQUIDS CAN 403 ENCAPSULATE?
A. The polymer is designed to molecularly bond the liquid organic hydrocarbons, or a paraphenic and napthenic matrix. This will not work on water soluble hydrocarbons such as acetone, naptha, glycols. etc..
Q. WHAT EFFECTS DO TEMPERATURE CHANGES HAVE ON THE BONDING TIMES AND CAPACITY OF 403?
A. It is slowed with lower temperatures because of the immobility of the material structure of the hydrocarbons.
|Tab 5 Label||Comparisons|
|Tab 5 Content||
A recent comparison between ENVIRO-BONDTM 403 and another nationally know brand was made.
FACTS: A 75-gallon spill. The absorbent ratios and the amount of product in each boom (sock) for each brand were factored.
RESULTS: To effectively encapsulate and solidify the 75 gallons:
ENVIRO-BOND: (8) 3” x 10 ft. Booms were needed.
OTHER BRANDS: (41) 3” x 10 ft. Booms were needed.
The resulting waste that you would need to pay to have removed
and land filled (if applicable) would be:
ENVIRO-BOND: Generates less than 1/2 cubic yard.
OTHER BRANDS: Over 2–1/2 cubic yards – 5 times the waste.
|Tab 6 Label||Advantages|
|Tab 6 Content||ENVIRO-BONDTM 400 SERIES (HYDROCARBON) POLYMERS
1. The 400 Series polymers have the ability to bond with diesel fuel, gasoline, waste oils and most other liquid hydrocarbons to form a solid mass. This is accomplished by an actual molecular bonding, not just a “physical” soaking or sponging, of the liquid hydrocarbon. With the encapsulation process beginning immediately upon contact between the liquid hydrocarbon and the polymer.
2. This bonding and solidification can be accomplished on any surface and a solid and manageable waste product, that will not drip when handled, is typically formed within 10 – 15 minutes after application, or sooner. The application ratios being as high as 1:15 by weight, depending on the type of hydrocarbon being encapsulated. Clean up is fast, effective, and cost efficient and with less material to buy, store, handle and haul, yielding significant reductions in waste mass generated, the result is a significant reduction of disposal costs.
3. The ENVIRO-BONDTM polymers have the “unique” ability to suppress vapors and reduce off-gassing by 80% within the first 5 minutes. The gases / vapors are trapped within the solidified structure and are prevented from migrating to the surface area, yielding almost total elimination of any vapor release over the course of several hours, or days, depending upon the hydrocarbon that has been solidified.
4. As a result of this vapor suppressive ability, spontaneous combustion and unintentional spontaneous ignition hazards are almost totally eliminated.
5. On the surface of water, the polymers are completely hydrophobic and will float even after maximum encapsulation and solidification. They will not water wet, even in severe conditions and any unused polymer can be captured and reused. On any surface, including water, the polymers will only bond with the free hydrocarbon molecules. Solidifying hydrocarbons into a solid mass, on water, makes for a much easier surface area cleanup, while removing even the subtlest slick sheen. The polymers packaged in booms and pads make for extremely easy and effective cleanup on water, they are easy to retrieve and will remain floating indefinitely.
6. Harmless to fish and wildlife.
7. The polymers can be mixed into soil surfaces where spill frequently occur and left unattended will perform their encapsulation, stabilization and solidification duties as a spill occurs.
8. The bonded hydrocarbon will never leach from the solidified mass and is very easy to handle, store or dispose of.
9. The polymers have an indefinite shelf life.
10. The polymers are FDA Food Grade and are non-toxic, non corrosive and non-carcinogenic. No exotic protection is needed (goggles and masks suggested), creating safer working conditions, lower exposure risks, and reduced liabilities.
11. The polymers are formulated to react with all organic hydrocarbons, but are not recommended for use with “synthetic” hydrocarbons when solidification is the desired end result.
12. The polymer will perform without mixing, and under most conditions, surface application will be adequate, however, with very thick layers of hydrocarbon, some mixing may be desired for quick and complete solidification.
13. The polymers will not dissolve in the presence of high or low pH solutions containing water.
14. The polymers will break oil and water emulsions by bonding with the non-dissolved portion of the hydrocarbon molecule and leaving the water free. The polymers have the ability to bond and virtually not release heavy metals that may be in solution with the hydrocarbon.
15. The polymers can act as a pre-scrubber to carbon filtration by removing the non-dissolved portion of the hydrocarbons before final filtration.
16. If the liquid media containing PCB’s is of a hydrocarbon source, the polymers have the ability to encapsulate and solidify the entire mass, yielding extremely manageable disposal of a solid form.
17. The polymers have been found to be extremely effective in the treatment of very hazardous waste by forming a solid mass that is very safe to transport and dispose of.
18. Typical disposal methods are land filling, or incineration of the waste, consistent with local, applicable regulations.
19. As a landfill waste, the non-biodegradable polymer will never leach, or release any of the encapsulated and solidified waste liquids, reducing, or eliminating your liabilities.
20. The polymer, when incinerated, produces virtually no ash residue and has a BTU value of 18,602.
21. Meets established EPA landfill requirements
22. We know, based on multiple independent studies, that ENVIRO-BONDTM polymers far exceed the physical properties and capabilities of the conventional products, such as cellulose, spun poly-propylene, ethylene, saw dust, peat moss, ground foams, clay based absorbents, and other such products.
|Tab 7 Label||Testimonials|
|Tab 7 Content||
The ENVIRO-BOND Bilge Sock has been endorsed by several states and agencies as a part of the Clean Marina and Clean Boater Programs.
THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
They have established a “Clean Marina” program and with the help of the Florida Sea Grant agency, the FDEP has done extensive research on the many bilge socks on the market. The FDEP has awarded the ENVIRO-BOND bilge sock to be the sock of choice for their program, because of its many unique benefits.
The ENVIRO-BOND bilge sock was competitively selected for the program and has been certified, by a Florida State Laboratory for landfill disposal and can be put out with household garbage.
THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS
The Coastal Zone Management of Massachusetts ordered and gave out over 18,000 ENVIRO-BOND bilge socks during the summer of 2002. The Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection tested the bilge sock and it passed their “one-drop test” and agreed that the bilge socks could be disposed with household trash. This is one part of the states “Clean Marina Initiative”.
The (NAVSAT) Naval Station – Newport handed out ENVIRO-BOND bilge socks to civilian recreational boaters at the NAVSAT Newport marina. They are telling boater’s to “Put A Sock In It” and keep the bilges and waters clean.
NOTE: Testimonial letters available upon request
|Tab 8 Label|
|Tab 8 Content|
|Tab 9 Label||No|
|Tab 9 Content||No|
|Tab 10 Label||No|
|Tab 10 Content||No|